CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Holiday Buzz

I absolutely LOVE the holidays! I love eating, laughing, spending time with family and friends and mostly just watching my son experience things for the first time! At 3 he thinks he is so grown up and I honestly believe that in his mind he is!
His daddy always tells him to "Take Care of Mamma" anytime that he leaves. The neatest thing about this is that James does "take care of Mamma." It's adorable to see him automatically try to fill his "grown up" role as he tries to open the doors for me, makes sure I'm okay if I sneeze or becomes concerned if I'm coughing. These are the little things that give me massive amounts of encouragement and strength especially this holiday season. God knew what He was doing when he blessed me with my son.

This was the first Thanksgiving in 9 years that my husband didn't join us for Turkey Dinner with my family. I was sad to leave him behind, but I knew that doing so would somehow help me move forward. Of course all of the food was amazing and I'm positive I consumed more than my share, but this year at our annual gathering I noticed more than ever the "dynamics" of my local family...my mom, grandma, (late great-grandma and late great-great-grandma) are widowed---none remarried; my aunt, sister, cousin and soon to be me are all divorced; my youngest cousin isn't married yet and my oldest cousin is very happily married with two beatiful girls. All of this stood out to me more than ever! This was my "ah-hah" moment that gave me the determination to decide that I will choose to make decisions that will help me live my dream of a happy home which includes being & having a loving spouse.

Just spending time with my family made me feel loved and warmed my soul. James had so much fun playing "tea" with his "Nana" and cousins (Ellee & Preslee). The girls eventually dressed up as Disney Princesses and James refused to wear a dress (I was proud of him--he really is ALL boy!). They also played chase around and around and around the kitchen/living room over and over again. These are the small almost unnoticeable moments that make my life "Happily Ever After."
Thanksgiving 2008: Preslee, Ellee & James


3 comments:

Tasha said...

James totally looks like a cool dude. I'm huggin you and then giving you a big pinch on the ass! :P

Glad to hear you had a yummy Thanksgiving. We were thinking about everyone in T-Town!

Heather said...

I love you Tiff! I am so very proud of you and your strength and the great way that you are such an amazing mom to James! But poor lil' kid, we're going to have to get some "Tough boy" dress up (is there such a thing?!?!) for holiday gatherings! I'm thinking I need to invest in another huge wardrobe box for Christmas. haha!

TTownDiva said...

I'm very proud of you sis. You handled your Thanksgiving much better than I did when I was going through my divorce with Jeremy.